2014 Photo Contest Rules
The Manitowoc Area Visitor & Convention Bureau (MAVCB) invites you to participate in its Fifth Annual Digital Photo Contest. You can help us expand our digital photo library that we use to promote the greater Manitowoc-Two Rivers area on our website www.http://www.manitowoc.info//, social sites like Facebook and Twitter, our annual Visitors Guide and various other tourism publications and media.
The MAVCB is the official destination marketing organization for Manitowoc County. Thousands of visitors are drawn here annually to explore the coastline, visit our historic downtowns, tour our museums and attractions and attend festivals and events. We encourage you to add your photos that showcase our stunning coastline, or show people and visitors having fun enjoying our many attractions and activities.
Here are the Photo Categories:
- Lakeshore/Nautical/Scenery: Lighthouses, Coastline, S. S. Badger, USS Cobia etc.
- Activities/Events/Festival: Shopping, Dining/Food, Boating/Sailing, Sports, Biking, Festivals, Concerts, etc.
- Sports/Recreation: Golf, Swimming, Surfing, Sailing, Fishing, Biking, Relaxing on the beach, etc.
- People Having Fun: photos need to include people having a good time in Manitowoc or Two Rivers.*
1. Digital entries only. Must be high-resolution (at least 300 DPI) in either landscape or vertical format. 300 DPI vertical format 8 ½ x 11 only will be considered for the front cover of the 2015 Discovery Guide.See 2012 front cover (Gwen Stutzman, winner of 2011 photo contest), 2013 front cover, 2014 front cover (both by Bill Pohlmann).
2. Each person may enter no more than two digital photos in each category. An image may not be entered in more than one category.
*Model releases will be required for recognizable/uniquely identifiable people.
3. While simple color correction and cropping is allowed, photos must not be substantially altered or enhanced. Being electronic, there is no need to frame or mount photos.
4. All photos to be submitted before October 28, 2014 in digital format on a CD or flash drive. CD’s and flash drives will not be returned, please make needed copies before submitting.
Identify all entries with your name, address, phone number and category. You may drop off your entry form with CD at the Manitowoc Visitor Information Center, 4221 Calumet Ave., Manitowoc, or mail to PO Box 966, Manitowoc, WI 54221-966. For questions, contact Jason Ring at 920-686-3070.
5. All photos can be used at the discretion of the Manitowoc Area Visitor & Convention Bureau in publications or for other promotional needs. Photo credits will be given where possible.
6. This contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers.
Judging: Entries will be judged on the basis of composition, technical quality, artistic creativity, and how well the photos meet the criteria of the categories. A panel of judges will determine winners whose decision will be final. Winners will be listed on the Manitowoc Area Visitor & Convention Bureau website, City of Two Rivers website, and announced in the Herald Times Reporter/Lakeshore Chronicle.
Prizes:Individuals are eligible to receive a prize in more than one category. Cash prizes of $100, $75 and $50 will be awarded in each category for first, second and third places respectively. Members of the photo committee are welcome to submit photos, but are not eligible to win a prize.